Hoover Dam Luxury Experience
A trip to Las Vegas gives you a chance to see the engineering marvel, the Hoover Dam. Located about 45 minutes from Vegas, this iconic structure is just as exciting to see as the glitter and glitz of the Las Vegas Strip. The massive structure, completed in 1935, was built to provide water, irrigation, and hydroelectricity to Las Vegas and California. Overlooking Lake Mead, the Hoover Dam has also made it possible for area visitors to enjoy outdoor activities, such as hiking, boating, and fishing. All these are done with incredible views of not only the dam, but the Colorado River and more.
Booking a VIP Hoover Dam Luxury Trip
The best way to see the Hoover Dam is to book a luxury bus trip with Canyon Vegas Tours. We will take you to your destination in a well-equipped luxury bus featuring ergonomically adjustable and cushioned seats, panoramic windows, Wi-Fi, and TVs on board. All you have to do is sit back while your friendly and knowledgeable tour guide gives you more details about the sights along the way. The will share stories, facts, and history about the dam’s construction and impact.
Don’t Worry about Renting a Car
Our tour lasts around 4.5 hours once you get to Hoover Dam, so you have ample time to go on a power plant or dam tour, and look around the Visitor Center. You won’t have to worry about finding a place to park or renting a car when you ride with us. All you need to do is be at your pickup point on the day of your trip. Then leave the travel and directions to your dedicated driver.
The Building of the Hoover Dam
You only need to view pictures of the Hoover Dam to see why you want to include it on your bucket list. This concrete marvel was built during the Depression. It required the intense labor of 10,000 men. During the dam’s building, 100 laborers lost their lives. The project, which lasted from 1931 to 1936, was delivered under budget and two years before the designated completion date.
When the dam was built, it was known as the Boulder Dam. However, in 1947, Congress voted to rename the structure to the Hoover Dam in honor of 31st President Herbert C. Hoover, who was also an engineer. The massive amount of concrete used for building the dam is equal to the concrete needed to build a two-lane high from San Francisco to New York. That is a ton!
Visiting the Hoover Dam
Your luxury day trip to the Hoover Dam begins around 9:00 AM and ends around 5:30 PM. You are picked up and dropped off at or near your hotel to start and end your tour. The dam is only a 45-minute drive from Las Vegas, so this is the ideal trip to choose if you have limited time. Don’t overlook this adventure, as you don’t want to let it pass you by, especially if you are vacationing close to this popular site.
Some of the Perks
This affordable and family-friendly adventure comes with snacks and a box lunch, along with Canyon Vegas Tours’ guarantee of a pleasant and upscale adventure. While visiting the dam, you will learn more about its history as well as the inner workings of the dam’s power plant. Guests see a short film before taking a tour of the dam and power plant.
What You Will See At The Visitor Center
The Visitor Center is where your journey starts during Canyon Vegas Tours’ Hoover Dam Luxury Experience. The Visitor Center features the following attractions:
- Theater Level Displays- Maps, murals, and photos introduce visitors to the history of the Hoover Dam.
- Theater One- The theater features a movie that explains how the U.S. Bureau of Reclamation’s water resource contributions helped develop the west into a more economically viable area.
- The Dam’s Power Plant Generators- Visitors travel 500 feet down inside the wall of Black Canyon and walk a 250-foot long tunnel to view the Nevada wing of the power plant. When you arrive in the area, you will be greeted by eight giant generators.
- The Penstock Viewing Platform- You will also be able to see pipes directing almost 90,000 gallons of water each second from the Lake Mead reservoir. You can see the activity from the dam’s Penstock Viewing Platform.
- The Exhibit Gallery- You also do not want to miss the Exhibit Gallery that is located on the plaza level of the Visitor Center. Displays in the gallery highlight the area’s natural history and provide more details about the Hoover Dam’s construction and current operations. The center is accessed by taking the elevator or stairs, located in the middle of the theater level of the complex.
- The Overlook- This part of Hoover Dam may be accessed by the elevator or stairs next to the Exhibit Gallery. You can observe a lovely panorama of scenery, including Lake Mead and the Colorado River, from the observation platform. This is an ideal place to get out your camera and capture some unforgettable shots of the surrounding countryside.
Taking Pictures from the Pat Tillman-Mike O’Callaghan Memorial Bridge
After visiting the Hoover Dam and Power Plant, you will proceed to the Pat Tillman-Mike O’Callaghan Memorial Bridge. Here you will get a view of the dam and the Colorado River in one. You will also get to travel to the Lake Mead Overlook before you return to Las Vegas.
Choosing a Half-day Hoover Dam Excursion
This VIP half-day package of the Hoover Dam can also be customized as you wish. You can either take a guided tour or schedule a separate tour and stop at specific spots along the way. At Canyon Vegas Tours, we will do all that we can to accommodate your tour needs, as we want you to experience a safe and pleasant journey.
Call Canyon Vegas Tours Today
Why not schedule your Hoover Dam half-day trip now? Canyon Vegas Tours is always ready to assist in giving you the best in travel experiences. Whether you want to venture farther to the Grand Canyon’s South Rim or West Rim, or just wish to see Lake Mead and the Hoover Dam, we can help make your Vegas vacation a special and memorable journey. Call us now to find out more details and to book a trip!